Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Saturday, Sept. 26

5:35 a.m. - Yesterday was a long day that ended a very, very long week.  I'm grateful to have it be a Saturday today!  And yet the week still isn't done.  

The big event for me yesterday was to pull off a certificate assembly for the students.  Fortunately, it went pretty well.  I got to Dunkin Donuts to pick up the donut holes, and the price was much better than I normally shell out for a treat.  The assembly went well too.  Taylor Saey was there as our special guest, and she was a great addition - bringing her congratulations and enthusiasm.  Then we got everyone with a certificate - even the PreK group.  I did flub the idea of the silly string just a bit.  I should have tried at least one can to see how difficult it might be for little fingers.  But Mrs. Saey helped and Ms. Johnson helped, and everyone laughed as Mr. Bizarri got decorated with silly string.  And then the student council helped distribute the donut holes.  Later there was an IEP meeting to attend, and that was pretty intense for a kindergarten student.  All parents are different, and these parents don't seem to have a lot of confidence in the process, or perhaps they are just overly worried about their children.  In terms of issues, it's much easier to work with helicopter parents than parents that aren't interested enough in their students, so we'll work with it.  The students then got a half day off for the early dismissal, and the teachers participated in an in-service to continue the effort of standard based grading.  Admittedly, I don't understand it well, but I don't need to.  As long as the teachers understand it, I'm good.  I did manage to get a little "paperwork" done, and then I went home and chilled out before going to the Homecoming football game.  The Rockets won!  It was a big win, and I continue to wonder why opposing teams try to do something other than just run at Rockridge teams.  

Today!  I have a 9 a.m. appointment to help with the PTO fun run at the high school track.  And then I'm not sure what the rest of the day will feature.  Like every other day, though, I'm sure something will find me!  I think there are some good college football games to watch, so that is on the agenda.  I'd also like to get some exercise in.

I would really like to be camping this weekend, but the weather isn't cooperating.  There is going to be another busy week this week, but it shouldn't be quite as busy as school as this week was.

 OTHER THINGS

  • get stuff together to send out insurance stuff for reimbursement
    • mailed stuff out on 8/29/26 - expecting $2,500 back
    • get money back!
  • SEPTEMBER 25 - Starting FUN RUN at 9:00 a.m.
  • Sept. 26 - Carmen's Birthday
  • fix a hood light switch for the Ford
  • Nov. 5 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
  • Dec. 1 - 7:45 Hussain Moline
  • Dec. 4 - 7:50 Dr. Blew dentist appt.
  • Mar. 19-24 - trip to Kourtney in Florida

Fall Softball-Volleyball-Basketball 26 Schedule
9/28 - VVB at EM Christian - 5:00 p.m.
9/29 - VVB at EM Christian - 5:30 p.m. 
9/30 - JHGBK - Sherrard JH & MENTORING MEETINGS - 5:30 p.m.
10/1 - JHGBK - MerCo
10/2-10/4 - WEEKEND BLOCKED
10/5 - OPEN
10/6 - FVLine at Alleman - 5:00 p.m. Katy Hasson
10/7 - BLOCKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/8 - JHGBK at MerCo
10/9-10-13 - COLUMBUS WEEKEND/BOE BLOCKED
10/14 - JHGBK - Sherrard JH 5:30 a.m. & BLOCKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/15 - FVLine at Geneseo - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
10/19 - OPEN
10/20 - OPEN
10/21 - BLCOKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/22 - VVB at Rock Island - 5 p.m. Jim Hartshorn
10/23 - BLOCKED
10/24 - VVB at EM Christian - 8 a.m., 9:30, 11????
10/25 - BLOCKED
10/26 - OPEN
10/27 - OPEN
10/28 - JHGBK at MerCo
10/29-11/2 - BLOCKED HALLOWEEN WEEKEND
11/7 - at Sherrard JH 8 a.m.
11/16 - at Sherrard JH BKB - 5:30 p.m.
11/19 - at Sherrard JH BKB - 5:00 p.m.

    Knee Surgery Dates Completed
    • March 11 - 10:25 a.m. - ORA Moline - Consult
    • April 1 - 1:45 p.m. - ORA Moline - MRI
    • April 9 - Walk in labs at Tr
    • April 15 - Dr. Wang pre-op physical (surgical clearance) 8:45 a.m.
    • April 28 - 9:40 a.m. at ORA Silvis
    • April 30 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
    • May 4 - surgery on left knee at Trinity Moline
    • May 5- returned home from hospital
    • May 6 - home recovery
    • May 7 - home recovery
    • May 8 - home recovery - visited ICE for about an hour - 9-10 a.m.
    • May 13 - 8:45 a.m. Post-Op Appt Hussein
    • May 15 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 18 - noon - ORA PT
    • May 20 - 8 a.m. - with Brandon; 9:20 - ORA PT
    • May 22 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 26 - 3:20 p.m. - ORA PT
    • May 27 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 29 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 1 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 3 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 5 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 8 - 9:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 10 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 12 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 16 - 10:20 a.m. - ORA
    • June 24 - 9:00 a.m. - ORA PT- Cancelled
    • June 25 - 9:25 a.m. - ORA appt with Hussein

No comments: