Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Sunday, August 30

5:25 a.m. - Wow, yesterday was a productive one!  I started the day just taking care of a few little things.  I found out that there's no way I can get to the spare tire on the Escape, so I need to figure that out.  I'm probably going to have Trent work on it when I ask him to change the oil and work on the alignment issue on that right back tire.  I just need to get some money to be able to pay for all that.  BUT MAYBE that will occur when I get my money back from the refund I will be getting back from the school district through Northern Illinois Health Plan.  That money is the dectible amount that I had to pay for my knee surgery back in May.  And since I just mailed that report and the information from Blue Cross-Blue Shield, hopefully I will get my refund check within a few months.  When I figured out all that paperwork, I also got the beginning of the month bills written out and put into the mailbox.  Now I just need the Escape to hang in there until I can accumulate enough working cash to get the girl to Trent's.  After all the paperwork work and the garage work (I also put all my softball stuff in the basement for the season!), then I got to work outside.  That work included push mowing the yard, and then using the rider mower, and then I got the old motorized sickle out and wacked the high grass and weeds in the back part of the back yard.  This effort took a lot of physical work out of me.  The sickle does have a self-propelled feature, but it's still a lot of of work to walk behind it and turn it, and I also used it to try to chop down the edges of the ditch.  Unfortunately, there is still standing water out in that back area, and I fear the additional water coming from the school complex is the cause of all that water that is still back there.  And after all the yardwork, the stupid rain sprinkles arrived...rain?  I didn't know it was supposed to rain?  So I came inside and settled in and watch the Bears, who looked pretty good.  Amber was supposed to go out for a dinner dates with some girlfriends, but then that broke down, and she didn't go.  So it was a quiet house and nice sleeping night.

And today?  I don't think I'll be working on the yard, and the hot summer temperatures are forecast to return.  So I think I'll have a pool day.  Something else I did yesterday afternoon was complete my online CPI training stuff.  I'm pretty sure something will find me that I need to do.  I could perhaps get the Stihl out and do some week wacking in the ditches, but I'm not sure I want to do that. 

Amber said that Sophie is going to be going back to her house today, so I'll try to make sure to get her out for a walk.  I may also try to get in a bike ride to exercise the knee.  I probably should also do some strength training.  And I'm likely going to be getting in the pool.  (Perhaps a hot tub soak to start the day is also in order.)  Let's see what the rest of the day brings us.

I do know that the next two days are early dismissal days at school.  Plus, I start volleyball officiating.  And it's MAP testing week!  But hey, this weel will feature the LAST days of August as a full time educator, right?

Things to do for School

  • get display project completed
    • finalize placement of schools on district map
  • periodically add to the RR group history report
  • periodically check on mail at post office
  • update attendance each week in SDS
  • send any IEP notices to Mrs. Saey

OTHER THINGS

  • get credit card paid off
  • get stuff together to send out insurance stuff for reimbursement
    • mailed stuff out on 8/29/26 - expecting $2,500 back
    • get money back!
  • get correct measurement of the correct wiper slide material
    • order slide wiper conditioner
  • spray Creeping Charlie
  • a hood light switch for the Ford
  • Nov. 5 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
  • Dec. 1 - 7:45 Hussain Moline
  • Dec. 4 - 7:50 Dr. Blew dentist appt.

Fall Softball-Volleyball-Basketball 26 Schedule
8/31 - JHVB at Washington - 4 p.m. Jim Stoakes
9/1 - VVB at Rock Island - 5 p.m. Chris Johnson
9/2 - BLOCKED - Mentoring Meetings
9/3 - OPEN
9/4-9/6 - WEEKEND BLOCKED
9/7 - FVLine at Alleman - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
9/8 - JHVB at Edison - 4 p.m. Sergio Villareal
9/9 - BLOCKED - Mentoring Meetings
9/10 - JHVB at Washington - 4 p.m. ????
9/11-9/14 - WEEKEND/BOE BLOCKED
9/15 - FVLine at Geneseo - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
9/16 - BLOCKED - Mentoriing Meetings
9/17 - FVLine at Alleman - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
9/18-9/20 - WEEKEND BLOCKED
9/21 - OPEN
9/22 - FVLine at UTHS - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
9/23 - BLOCKED - SPED Meeting
9/24-9/27 - Homecoming WEEKEND BLOCKED
9/28 - OPEN
9/29 - VVB at EM Christian - 5:30 p.m. ????
9/30 - BLOCKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/1 - JHGBK - MerCo
10/2-10/4 - WEEKEND BLOCKED
10/5 - OPEN
10/6 - FVLine at Alleman - 5:00 p.m. Katy Hasson
10/7 - BLOCKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/8 - JHGBK at MerCo
10/9-10-13 - COLUMBUS WEEKEND/BOE BLOCKED
10/14 - BLOCKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/15 - FVLine at Geneseo - 5 p.m. Katy Hasson
10/19 - OPEN
10/20 - OPEN
10/21 - BLCOKED MENTORING MEETINGS
10/22 - VVB at Rock Island - 5 p.m. Jim Hartshorn
10/23 - BLOCKED
10/24 - VVB at EM Christian - 8 a.m., 9:30, 11????
10/25 - BLOCKED
10/26 - OPEN
10/27 - OPEN
10/28 - JHGBK at MerCo
10/29-11/2 - BLOCKED HALLOWEEN WEEKEND

    Things To Do for History Page
    • What/Where is South Buffalo Prairie School and for that matter West Buffalo School and East Taylor Ridge School?  ugh.
    • Friday Tidbit on the RR History Network Page

    Knee Surgery Dates Completed
    • March 11 - 10:25 a.m. - ORA Moline - Consult
    • April 1 - 1:45 p.m. - ORA Moline - MRI
    • April 9 - Walk in labs at Tr
    • April 15 - Dr. Wang pre-op physical (surgical clearance) 8:45 a.m.
    • April 28 - 9:40 a.m. at ORA Silvis
    • April 30 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
    • May 4 - surgery on left knee at Trinity Moline
    • May 5- returned home from hospital
    • May 6 - home recovery
    • May 7 - home recovery
    • May 8 - home recovery - visited ICE for about an hour - 9-10 a.m.
    • May 13 - 8:45 a.m. Post-Op Appt Hussein
    • May 15 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 18 - noon - ORA PT
    • May 20 - 8 a.m. - with Brandon; 9:20 - ORA PT
    • May 22 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 26 - 3:20 p.m. - ORA PT
    • May 27 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
    • May 29 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 1 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 3 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 5 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 8 - 9:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 10 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 12 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
    • June 16 - 10:20 a.m. - ORA
    • June 24 - 9:00 a.m. - ORA PT- Cancelled
    • June 25 - 9:25 a.m. - ORA appt with Hussein

No comments: