4:51 a.m. - I finished my book - The Correspondent. I enjoyed it...I would call it another "old adult book". I used to read "young adult books" to make good recommendations to high school students I worked with, and now the last two books I've read seem to be "old adult literature". When I read books, I guess there is too much former English teacher in me. I read not only for the story anymore. I also read while thinking about the author and his or her approach and ideas toward writing a book. Sometimes I find myself more intrigued with what I think were the author's efforts than the actual story. How did the author decide to go this direction with the novel or that direction with the novel? What other ways or directions could the author have gone? I don't know if it's jealousy or admiration that I have towards the author. I just think it's so impressive to be able to write a novel. This particular book, I think, worked a lot with living with life regrets. In this particular case, the main character had a major life event that involved a lot of regret, but the reader doesn't really learn how big until near the end of the story. I suppose that reveal makes the book a bit of a mystery novel, and perhaps knowing earlier would decrease the suspense and interest in the novel. Living with regret is hard...probably harder for some folks than others. I wonder what the percentage is of people that find themselves later in life living with regret(s). Is it a large percentage? Do most of us have times in our lives that featured a poor or wrong decision that was impactful on ourselves and/or others around us? Is living with regret just part of the human story that makes us human?
Yesterday was a good day in most respects. The weather continues to be amazing. And now Kevin Phelps is hinting at a little rain tomorrow, which I really didn't want to hear. It was a long day, though. I rode with Amber on her morning and afternoon bus routes. I sort of knew her route since I did ride it last school year, but it's possible she may change routes, so I may need to drive the route until someone can be found to take over the route. Amber does a great job with the bus, especially for someone who won't drive the truck and trailer. Her route isn't an easy one, as it features a bit of everything - highways, country blacktop, and gravel roads. After school, Amber and I had supper at the Mexican restaurant in town. And then I watched the final episode of Season 4 of Ted Lasso - it was a doozy. I really like the show, and the season finale had surprises heading out of Season 4 into Season 5. I still don't like that the series is spinning further and further away from the soccer team and more and more towards spin off stories of the main characters.
And on to today. I have an admin meeting this morning, and it's not going to be easy. The ROE rep of Attendance Services is going to be there. I'm going to work hard to keep my mouth shut. I just need to finish one more year. After school, I've got a junior basketball game at MerCo. It will be a good test of the leg to see how much stronger it's getting (or not getting). Tomorrow I get to start my camping weekend in Fort Madison, and tomorrow the Southwells arive from Florida. I haven't seen them in awhile, so it will be nice to see them.
OTHER THINGS
- get stuff together to send out insurance stuff for reimbursement
- mailed stuff out on 8/29/26 - expecting $2,500 back
- get money back!
- Nov. 5 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
- Dec. 1 - 7:45 Hussain Moline
- Dec. 4 - 7:50 Dr. Blew dentist appt.
- Mar. 19-24 - trip to Kourtney in Florida
- March 11 - 10:25 a.m. - ORA Moline - Consult
- April 1 - 1:45 p.m. - ORA Moline - MRI
- April 9 - Walk in labs at Tr
- April 15 - Dr. Wang pre-op physical (surgical clearance) 8:45 a.m.
- April 28 - 9:40 a.m. at ORA Silvis
- April 30 - 10 a.m. - Milan Optical
- May 4 - surgery on left knee at Trinity Moline
- May 5- returned home from hospital
- May 6 - home recovery
- May 7 - home recovery
- May 8 - home recovery - visited ICE for about an hour - 9-10 a.m.
- May 13 - 8:45 a.m. Post-Op Appt Hussein
- May 15 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- May 18 - noon - ORA PT
- May 20 - 8 a.m. - with Brandon; 9:20 - ORA PT
- May 22 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
- May 26 - 3:20 p.m. - ORA PT
- May 27 - 9 a.m. - ORA PT
- May 29 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 1 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 3 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 5 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 8 - 9:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 10 - 8:40 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 12 - 8:20 a.m. - ORA PT
- June 16 - 10:20 a.m. - ORA
- June 24 - 9:00 a.m. - ORA PT- Cancelled
- June 25 - 9:25 a.m. - ORA appt with Hussein
No comments:
Post a Comment